Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I could write more about how the flowers are blooming and the sky is blue but since I received some criticism for my artistic license, I'll just give you the rundown of my favorite daily things in Dublin.

Tea.
People drink tea like it's their job. Unfortunately tea is not one of my adult tastes. Even at my group meeting the other night in this messy house full of guys was a china cabinet and he served us tea and milk. British roots I suppose. Ours went to hell after the Boston Tea Party I guess.

The Caveman.
There's a guy who lives down the hall from me who looks exactly like he should be on a Gecko Caveman Commercial. The hair, the bone structure, everything. The resemblance is uncanning.

The Runners.
Roebuck is located right next to a soccer pitch. Often there's a game going on but most of the time people are just running laps around the field. Which is bizarre since it's like a patch of grass and there's actually a running track like 5 minutes away. One of my favorite runners is this older man who I see at least 3 times a week in his red shirt and white short shorts. He is somewhat of a rockstar. Rain or shine he is out there running. He reminds me of the BFG from the Roald Dahl books. He always runs with his head down and his massive thighs.

Random Rain.
It literally just rains for like 5 minutes randomly. Sunny beautiful day and it'll just pour down for like 5 minutes then go back to being sunny. So you basically always have to have an umbrella ready.

Well that's all my random thoughts of the day. I have a 6 am flight to Paris tomorrow which means I have to leave campus at like 3:30 am. Which means I should go to bed now, even though it's still light out. Updates about Paris when I return on Monday. Happy Easter :)


No comments:

Post a Comment