Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Due to Extreme Adverse Weather...

Yesterday was beautiful. Well raining in the morning, but a crisp spring day nonetheless. After success in the classroom and another meeting, I decided I'd get outside and go for a run. Now you know when I'm feeling adventurous when a run is my afternoon activity, but why not. I decided to just walk/run around the outskirts of campus, through some forest perserve area, near the UCD Bowl, and a few laps around the track. It was relaxing and it felt good to get moving. Came home, showered, made dinner, did homework. I'm all grown up.

Today I woke up to snow. Yep, snow. It rarely ever snows in Dublin, much less in late March. Now I'm not saying there was snow on the ground. More like wet flakes that didn't stick. I walked to class laughing, hello Chicago weather, I didn't miss you. I had another early presentation so I was at Quinn by 8:15. The Dubliners not so much a fan of the snow either. On my way home I ran into my entourage of companions, okay so just Jen and my french roommate Stephanie. But they both gave me the shoulder shrug and the "what on earth is this?" face. Enough to make me laugh and forget about how bloody freezing I was. Given the inhospitable weather and my early mornings I somehow managed to fall asleep on my bed. It was one of those good naps where you wake up with the lines on your face.

Best part of the day, my evening lecture was cancelled "Due to Extreme Adverse Weather". No snow as even on the ground. We get 20 inches in Champaign and they still make us haul it to class in our snow boots. Dublin, I like your style. I really didn't want to go out in that rainy/snowy slush anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment