Friday, March 26, 2010

I Dedicated Today to Lindsay Bucholz

I'm at the point in my trip where I'm torn between wanting to go home and wanting to stay forever. But most of me knows that the vacation can't last forever. And all of me knows that my life is with the people that I love. People that I miss everyday. That's just who I am. A home body.

So it seemed today, that Lindsay must have been thinking about me because everything reminded me of her.

I got up in the morning, did some homework, and headed into the city with Laura so she could get her hair cut. Both Claire and Laura accompanied me on my adventure to get mine cut at the Naturelle Salon on Dorset Lane, so it seemed appropriate to accompany Laura. Plus it was a (somewhat) sunny day in Dublin and you always take advantage of those. After the slow bus ride, we got off, and hiked up the road to the salon. I sat on the couch and caught up on my Marie Claires while Laura got her hair cut. Then it was off to Phoenix Park.

Phoenix Park is Europe's largest enclosed park, and large it is. We walked around it for a bit, but not even close to seeing half of it. We sat on the park bench and ate some hobnobs and enjoyed the day. Spring has sprung in Dublin, everything was beginning to bud, and Daffodils were everywhere. Kids were running and playing in the park. There were even swans. I just wanted to lay in the grass listening to my ipod in the grass. But the grass was kind of muddy and wet, and I wasn't feeling that. The grass reminded me of golf course grass, short and unnaturally green. The type of grass you want to feel with your hands. Grass Brent would love.

We climbed up the Wellington Monument and laughed as a British woman ran up it singing the Rocky anthem. Ah American culture everywhere. There was lots of park to see so we decided to walk around a bit. We only walked through parts of the park, which reminded me more of a forest preserve than a park. As we were walking through this field, we noticed something in a distance. A pack of deer. And when I say pack, I mean like 40. All feeding on the grass, totally oblivious to us. We got pretty close to them, but didn't dare move any closer for fear of antler ramming. I'm not sure if that actually happens, but not something I want to chance. We continued walking through the very poop pellet infested fields.

We kept walking and found ourselves on the outskirts of the Dublin Zoo. Today is the day we wanted to sneak into the zoo. Not feeling quite that bad ass, we just continued walking. I managed to see a tiger, seals, and those little penguins through the fence. Success. We finally got back on the bus and headed home. We did some window shopping on Grafton Street, mostly shoes. The live musicians were out in full force. Seriously one of the best parts of Dublin. By the time we got back to the bus we were exhausted and chilly and hungry. I was looking forward to a Centra pizza but we ran into Claire on the bus and she informed me Centra doesn't make pizza after 6 on Fridays. Fail. It was 7. I was not pleased. Laura said she had never seen me so snappy (in a kidding way) and I quickly responded "no food equals bad mood". But all in good fun, we laughed and pushed each other like schoolchildren as we made our way to get some dinner. A microwave Weight Watchers dinner was no pizza but it was food so whatever. I made it in Laura's apartment and then dyed Laura's hair for her, reminsicing about the time we dyed Carrie's hair that beautiful orangey color.

Exhausted from a long week, I'm going to lay in bed and watch Everwood.

Yep, a day dedicated to Lindsay.
I'd add pictures but I'm too lazy. Procrastination, wonder where I got that one from too?


No comments:

Post a Comment