Friday, May 21, 2010

Returning to Dublin

After a long night's rest and waking up thinking about cancelled flights, we got up, and set out for another day. First stop, the train station, to see if I could catch a train back to Dublin. 67.40 Euros one way, no thank you. We found breakfast at the Bagel Bar, a place we've been to before in Cork, and must have forgotten how horrible the service was. We enjoyed our breakfast, then headed to the bus station so I could catch my 12 noon bus home to Dublin. I bid farewell to Claire & Grace and a big goodbye to Laura, my favorite Australian.

Four hours on a bus is a good time to sleep and listen to music. Given I had slept like 12 hours the night before, I was not tired in the least so I had some quality "IPOD therapy" and looked out the window. The four hours went by pretty fast and soon I was back in Dublin. As soon as we pulled into the city limits, my eyes went to the sky, hoping I'd see an airplane to give me hope of getting out the next morning. I saw none. But there was hopeful news on the radio saying that they were re-opening Irish air space. A little hope. I got off the bus, and headed towards the grocery to pick up something to eat. Then to a few bookstores to find some books to read on the airplane and the unlikely (or somewhat likely) event that I would be stuck in an airport for an extended period of time. I was a little more determined this time around to get home. After loading up on books and grabbing a salad for dinner, I headed home on the number 10. One last time.

I got back to my room after noting that the elevator was completely shut down. It had been working the day before..sort of. Laura may have gotten stuck in it. But I was hoping I could've at least used it for my luggage. Negative. I went back to my room, ate my dinner, caught up on my email and checked flights. So far so good. I finished packing my things and then headed to bed. Hopeful of a morning flight back to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment