Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day of Rest


It's been a busy few days so I took advantage of Sunday to rest and relax. Slept in. Got up, and had some apples for breakfast then Claire & I took a walk. I really wanted to see Dublin Bay so we headed east through the town of Booterstown and to the coast. Everything is so charming.
We walked to the DART station-- the electric train-- and climbed down onto the path next to the ocean. There is something peaceful about waves. Relaxs me, makes everything seem better. It was a gorgeous day-- 50 degrees and sunny. I went out only in a sweatshirt and was comfortable. We walked along to a park where there were boys practicing American football. Everything was green and it felt like spring, even though it's only January. We sat on a bench on a hill that overlooked the park and the ocean and a pond with swans and random other birds. We were gone for about 2 hours walking so I was a little tuckered when I got home. I made a late lunch of pasta, bread, and milk and fell asleep for a while. I cleaned my room and got ready for the first day of classes tomorrow. Got a chance to skype with the home team so all is well.

I am loving being able to see new things and new places and new faces...
but nothing replaces my people at home.

Class starts tomorrow... forgot that I actually have to go to school and that I'm not just on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment