Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Not-So Glamorous Life of A College Student

Unfortunately, life in Dublin does not just involve traveling and seeing the sites. Once in a while, I actually have to go to class. Well actually, class was cancelled today because half of my class was going on a field trip. I'm not sure how legit that really was, but either way, no class. I did however have a group meeting for my project that is due tomorrow & presented on Wednesday.

So it was the usually breakfast of champs, two bananas. Then off to Quinn to meet my group. After an hour of confusion over group members, we finally got down to business. Things seem to work the same in any kind of educational system. I did learn some kind of new things from my Irish group members (well one is from Spain). Gambling is pretty huge in Ireland. They bet on the ponies (like I witnessed yesterday) and on football (soccer). All of us in America thought that these people just were passionate about their teams and that's why they got into it so bad. Nope, probably have some money riding on the game. Think NCAA March Madness, makes it so much more exciting when you actually have something riding on the game. After a while of working on the project, we divided it up and went on our way.

I got home and had some lunch. Well two apples with peanut butter and some granola while I chatted with Lindsay Lou. Did some homework, took a nap. Then I made myself dinner which was actually pretty good if I say so myself. I cooked a chicken breast on the stove top in some extra virgin olive oil that was seasoned with herbs & garlic. Then I boiled some noodles, strained them and added butter and garlic seasoning. Not too shabby for the domestically challenged.

Finished up some homework and met with the girls to figure out travel plans. We are currently trying to work out Spring Break adventures, Easter weekend, a pre-finals week vacation. I have a few (or many) places I want to see....London, Paris, ITALY, Greece, Prague. Everywhere. Anywhere. I want to do it all.

Win the lottery & quit school and maybe it'll happen. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment