Monday, February 1, 2010

Laundry Day

After my exciting weekend away, I took advantage of my light class schedule to re-organize my life. Clean my room and do the dreadful laundry. Laundry is one of those things that everyone hates doing, even though it's not that bad. It's just a process that takes a while and by nature, we don't enjoy that. It's funny, growing up, I always hated doing laundry. I thought it was such a pain. Luckily, whenever Jodi would come visit, she would do loads for me. When I went off to college, I loved coming home and doing laundry there. It was so much easier than dragging it down to the laundry room. Now that I'm in Dublin, I long for the laundry room in the dorms and the DZ house. Today in order to do my laundry, the closest Laundrette is down the street. Ofcourse I do not have a laundry basket..just a laundry bag I packed. So I had to pack my laundry into my small rolly suitcase and roll in down the street. Then it cost me 3 euro per load to wash. That's equivalent to $4.50. I went back to my room while it washed and had to return in 38 minutes to flip it from washer to dryer. Supposedly, a lot of Europe doesn't believe in dryers so we are lucky to have them. After another 1.50 euro ($2.25) to dry, I had to roll my suitcase back down the hill then pack it carefully with my clean clothes and lug it back up the hill. Hence when it's been beneficial to wash some things in the sink.

Other than laundry, I began researching for a trip to London next weekend. London is one of the places I REALLY want to see so I want to get there sooner rather than later.

Yep, my entire post was about laundry. Enjoy that loyal followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment